My goal is to be at a $60 OOP (budget from paycheck) each week for what I buy in food. This Diet is to show you the creative ways that I keep to that goal. I am starting fresh this week with $60, if I spend less, then it rolls over to next week…..but if I spend more it takes away from next week. I am really good about couponing but it is time to really put the rubber to the road. I visit several great blog you can check them out on my blogroll, they always have such great trips and very little OOP (out-of-pocket) and sometimes I have great trips but sometimes they are not so well planned. So I am putting myself on a Grocery Diet!! So are you up for the challenge?? This is a 17 week challenge, this will be a weekly post where I will tell you how good or how bad I did. All you have to do to be in the GIVEAWAY is comment on at least half of the Grocery Shopping Diet posts. I will post them on Saturdays or Sundays (the diet week runs Saturday to Friday), just make sure you comment. The prize a $25 Gift Card to a grocery store of your choice, what would you choose Publix is by far my favorite store for deals. So are you ready????
Last week I had $12.12 leftover giving me $72.12 to spend this week!!
- (1) Roll Bounty Paper Towels $0.60 PROFIT
- (8) Pillsbury Toaster Strudels $0.60 ea
- (5) Philly Cream Cheese $0.50 ea
- (1) Covergirl Sponges $0.01 PROFIT
- (3) Barilla Pasta Sauce $0.60 ea
- (3) Frebreze Candles $0.50 ea ( I was really excited about these the are regular $5.99)
- (2) Duke Mayo $2.49 ea
- (4) Kebbler Cookie Multi Packs $2.00 ea (not pictured)
- (1) Early Edition Sunday Paper $2.00 (not pictured)
So total before sales and coupons: $92.83
Total OOP: $19.75 or 79% saved
- (4) Air Wick Aqua Mist $0.68 ea
- (1) Nivea for Men $1.75
- (1) Tylenol Precise Heat pads $0.00
- (1) High Octane Energy Chews $0.00
- (1) Alive Multi Vitamin $4.75
Total before sales and coupons: $45.12
Total OOP: $9.21 or 80% savings (plus I have $11.98 in ECB for next week)
I am at $28.96 ($137.95 worth of products) spent or 79% savings not bad not bad at all!!
I do need to make a meat run one day this week……..or maybe I will wait till next week J
I do plan on using some gift cards tomorrow on my way home. Going to stop at Publix and pick up another $0.50 candle and off to Target to get some Clinical Strength deodorant for $4 for 4 bottles!! (I hope anyway)
How did you do???