This is my Husband’s favorite dish, I made it for him for Father’s Day. A lot of work but well worth it!
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 1/3 to 2 pounds chicken tenders
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten with a splash of milk or water
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 cup pecans, processed in food processor to finely chop
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated or ground
- 1 orange, zested
Heat 1 1/2 to 2 inches of oil over medium high heat. Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Set out 3 shallow dishes. Place flour in 1 dish, eggs beaten with water or milk in a second. In the third dish, combine bread crumbs with ground pecans, nutmeg and orange zest. Coat tenders in batches in flour, then egg, then bread crumb mixture. Fry tenders in small batches 6 to 7 minutes. Drain tenders on paper towels.