In my new quest to go Organic, I thought that my Tasty Tuesday Recipe should be something yummy and organic…..So here it is!!
Cinnamon Apple Tea Bread
- 1⁄2 cup shortening (at room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 Organic Valley large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup Organic Valley Milk (or Soy milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup apples, peeled and very finely chopped (heaping cup)
- 1 cup Old-fashioned oats (or Nature’s Path Organic Hemp Plus Granola)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (scant teaspoon)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Use a bit of the shortening to grease a loaf pan that’s about 4 by 9 inches.
2. Cream shortening and sugar with electric beaters in a medium bowl. Add the eggs, soy milk and vanilla and beat until smooth. Stir in the apples.
3. Process the granola in a food processor until the texture is like coarse crumbs. (If you are using oats, there’s no need to process them first.) Mix it thoroughly with the remaining ingredients.
4. Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture until they are barely combined. Spread the mixture in the prepared loaf pan and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
5. Cool on wire racks about 15 minutes, then use a sharp knife to loosen the edges of the loaf. Remove the bread and let it cool to warm or room temperature before serving.